Rehab – Part 2
Things to do when you are in rehab and bored.
If you can –
- I took a box of rather generic chocolates, someone had given me so that I could give them away.
- Once you have eaten all the good ones, the orange coated ones, the Turkish Delights, you get the idea.
- Offer them to all your favourite people.
- Not the people with diabetes, without will power. (I will not be your drug dealer)
- And only if you are like me (bit cheeky). Wait until 2am when you can’t sleep and wander out to the nurses’ station when everyone else seems to be asleep. (including all but one night nurse)
I know this, because as I was making my way back to my shared room, I saw a nurse (male nurse) walking back towards the nurse’s station. He gave me a look as if to say I did need anything? I shook my head and indicated all was well. I went back to bed and he came into check on me. He asked what’s up? And I told him I couldn’t sleep, I had left some ‘things’ down at the nurse’s station. I told him, I hadn’t been up to anything bad.
I had just creatively hidden the chocolates around the nurse’s station. Under phone handpieces, on top of light boxes, on top of power switches, behind things on the desktop.
Just anywhere I would come out and do a lap of the floor cruising slowly past the nurse’s station. Eventually, they were all discovered.
Life is short, have some fun.
All I’m saying.